Friday, November 28, 2014

Dance what it's really about

 I have been in a few different types of dance, all very diverse yet similar. Ballet, Irish. And currently Ballroom dance. Ballet, from what I remember since I did it when I was tiny, but I loved it and it was what started my love for dance.
Irish, I was drafted into it and I did it for a while never truly loved it.
Ballroom, I chose it and I adore it. 

Now what dance is REALLY about(to me) ...
Dance is about expression of yourself, for example, at dances even if you do a simple funny move people cheer and it's amazing that everyone comes together in dance, even if you think you can't dance. 
Dance is a sport and an art, it is a profession, it is a way of life. 
Dance is everything, it can build something emotional or it can break it. 
Dancing can tell a story or simply be beautiful.

Now ballroom...
The waltz is grace and precision, it is love and style, the waltz is my personal favorite because of what it is, I feel I can give it a little justice to its full perfection. 
Pasodoble is a force not to be reckoned with. It is a fierce and fiery dance of the bull fight. A dangerous beauty.
Cha-cha is fast and flirty. It is very fun and can tell a story as well. 
Swing & Jive are high energy and bubbly. It is full of lifts and sharp turns. It's a rush to dance it.
These are the individual personalities to a fraction of the ballroom dances however as a whole they are the beautiful combination of two people that have one movement. It is intense and gorgeous it is based on trust, strength, and the sheer adoration for dance. For a true dancer it is not about the dress or the prize or any thing you can hold, it is about the what you feel when you know you just did something absolutely perfect due to hard work and cooperation. It's about love. 
Thanks for reading <3 you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment